Carteret, NJ Reckless Driving Ticket Attorney
Getting a reckless driving ticket in Carteret (or anywhere in New Jersey) is never fun. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of getting pulled over and attempting to explain your situation to an angry New Jersey cop, but you now have to deal with the financial implications of a hefty Carteret, New Jersey traffic ticket.
Governed by NJSA 39:4-96, a driver is charged with reckless driving in Carteret when it is determined that he or she had a willful and wanton disregard for the safety of others while driving a vehicle. Some of the fines and penalties attached to a Carteret reckless driving conviction include:
- Points: The state of New Jersey attaches 5 points to a reckless driving conviction
- Fines: Fines between $50-$200 are attached to a conviction
- Jail time: Up to 60 days in county jail is a possibility in a reckless driving case. This more extreme punishment is reserved for those cases in which the driving was extreme or the driver is a repeat offender
- License suspension: The court does have the option to suspend a license for up to 90 days if the driver is deemed a road hazard
- Car Insurance: an unfortunate side effect of almost any ticket is the potential for your car insurance premiums to rise substantially. In some cases, drivers may find themselves dropped from their insurance all together.
In addition to the penalties listed above, many individuals will also deal with a potential license suspension if they had existing points on their record or if their reckless driving charge was also part of other point-heavy driving charges related to the same ticket. For those individuals in which this is not their first reckless driving conviction, the fines and penalties all go up. If you are dealing with a Carteret, NJ reckless driving ticket, you best option is to get in touch with an experienced attorney immediately. The Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt can help you fight your ticket and reduce the financial and legal impact a major traffic offense like reckless driving can have on your life. Call the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt today!
The Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt
With 28 years of experience as a lawyer, Thomas Carroll Blauvelt knows how to get your Carteret reckless driving ticket dismissed or reduced. Give the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt a call today for a free consultation to discuss the circumstances of your New Jersey traffic ticket. Working with an experienced attorney can save you time and money down the line. I am available 24/7 so pick up the phone and let me begin fighting for you today!