As you travel along New Jersey roads, the threat of being involved in a serious collision could be the last thing on your mind. Unfortunately, an accident can occur at virtually any given moment and under a variety of scenarios, and even a seemingly minor crash could throw a wrench in your plans for the day.
Regardless of how cautious a driver you consider yourself to be, you cannot control the actions of others, and reacting to another person’s negligent actions can be nearly impossible at times. Should you encounter such an incident, you could suffer a variety of injuries in the process.
Consequences of a crash
There are a multitude of injuries you could suffer during a major collision. However, some accident injuries tend to be more common than others, some of which may include:
- Whiplash: Neck and shoulder injuries are common forms of pain among accident victims, and these injuries could lead to bouts with long-term or permanent pain and suffering.
- Back pain: Back pain is another form of injury that is common in collisions, and a similar health condition can have a significant impact on your ability to carry out a variety of tasks.
- Head injury: Following your crash, you could also develop mild to severe headaches, and similar symptoms could be an indicator of deeper concerns, such as a concussion or a traumatic brain injury.
- Broken bones: Studies indicate that broken bones are also common among accident victims, and these injuries can lead to severe pain and suffering, or even loss of mobility.
- Internal pain: Although internal pain might not present with visual indications, these injuries can be exceedingly harmful, and seeking medical attention to address such an injury is imperative.
Should the actions of another party cause you to encounter similar hardships in life, you may be wondering about the next steps to take to seek accountability.
What comes next
Suffering severe harm in a motor vehicle accident can be a stressful and scary experience that could leave you with extensive medical expenses and facing a lengthy period of recovery. Following the crash, you may wish to know more about your available legal avenues, but the civil justice system can be complex and challenging to navigate, especially alone. By seeking guidance from someone with experience in such matters, you could find yourself in a better position to pursue the restitution you deserve through a personal injury claim.