How Can You Lose Your License?
Driving is not a right — it’s a privilege — and New Jersey is quick to revoke that privilege after the smallest of missteps. At the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC, I will fight to protect your driver’s license. Call me today at 877-676-7729.
Why NJMVC Suspends Licenses
There are many ways to lose your driver’s license in New Jersey. Some of the most common reasons for a driver’s license suspension include:
- Too many points — Like every state, New Jersey keeps track of your driving history by assigning points to various law-breaking behaviors. If you accumulate too many points on your record, you could be at risk of license suspension.
- Too many tickets on a probationary license — New drivers are given probationary licenses with strict guidelines. Violating these guidelines can result in the loss of driving privileges.
- Unpaid civil judgments — If you were involved in a civil lawsuit and a court-ordered judgment was issued, you could lose your driver’s license for failure to pay, even if the lawsuit had nothing to do with driving.
- Unpaid surcharges — Surcharges are fines imposed by the New Jersey Surcharge Violation System after a ticket or other moving violation. Failure to pay can result in a license suspension.
- Fraud — If you are caught with a fake ID or used fraud to obtain a driver’s license, the state will seek to suspend your driver’s license.
- Fatal accidents — If you were involved in a fatal car accident and were found at fault for the accident, your driver’s license can be suspended.
- Medical reasons — If you have been diagnosed with a medical disorder that impairs your ability to drive safely, the state may seek to suspend your driving privileges.
Contact My Office
Fighting your license suspension will require requesting an MVC hearing, then appearing and presenting arguments and evidence as to why your driver’s license should not be suspended. This is not something you should attempt without a lawyer; there is simply too much at stake.
For help preventing a driver’s license suspension, contact the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC. I will personally handle your case. Call me seven days a week at 877-676-7729.