Thomas Carroll Blauvelt Esq.
Thomas Carroll Blauvelt
Unpaid Civil Judgments

*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.

Unpaid Civil Judgments

You went to court for something and you lost, and still have not paid your judgment. Maybe you aren’t paying it because you believe the verdict was wrong and maybe you aren’t paying it because you do not have those funds available right now — whatever the reason for not paying your civil judgment, you could potentially have your drivers’ license suspended until you do. One of the many reasons the New Jersey MVC can suspend your license for reasons unrelated to driving; this tactic is intended to get your attention and settle your outstanding judgment!

Some outstanding civil judgments that can turn into a license suspension include:

  • Court-ordered fines: Let’s start with this basic premise — the courts really want their money. There are instances in which a suspension and arrest warrant have been issued for failure to pay a late fee of $10. So when it comes to any court-ordered fines, small or large, know that ignoring it will absolutely not make it go away!
  • Child support obligations: Not paying your child support obligations for six or more months will usually start the license suspension process. As an attorney specializing in New Jersey MVC drivers’ license suspension, I can help you work with the family court to arrange a payment plan and keep you driving; after all, how can you be expected to earn the money to pay your child support if your ability to drive to work is taken away!
  • Personal injury: New Jersey 39:6-35 provides the state with the authority to suspend your license for failure to pay any judgment against you arising out of a car accident. Again, this type of suspension is aimed at getting you to pay.

In all the instances listed above, you will receive a notice in the mail informing you of the important details of your pending drivers’ license suspension: the reason for the suspension, the duration of the suspension and the start date of the suspension. You do not, however, have to accept this suspension without putting up a fight. You have a right to request a hearing on your suspension, and working with an attorney will give you the advantage you need to get the results you want. Additionally, working with an experienced attorney can also help set up a feasible payment plan to attend to this obligation once and for all! Don’t let an outstanding civil judgment take away your driving privileges.

Contact The Law Offices Of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC

At the Law Offices of Thomas Carroll Blauvelt, LLC, I have over 28 years of experience working with people in very situation. At your initial free consultation, I will explain the process to you, and what I can do to try to keep you on the road and also resolve your other outstanding legal issues.

If you are facing a license suspension for outstanding civil judgments, give me a call today at 877-676-7729 to discuss your case, and let’s begin working to keep you on the road! I look forward to hearing from you!

Areas of Practice

As Seen In

  • New Jersey Monthly
  • MTV
  • Super Lawyers
  • app | Part of the USA Today Network